Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Prayer




Sitting in the cafe, my thoughts turn and churn
Not in the upset way
Like a choppy Alaskan sea
But the sort of mulling that makes you happy
Content in the fact that you are alive and thoughtful

The sun is high and a fall breeze tingles the hair on my left arm that sits in the shade

The sun is high and a fall breeze lifts wisps of waify blond curls slung messily over my shoulder

The sun is high and a fall breeze pushes my jean skirt as if to remind me I'm in the windy city

And God...can I just say, I love You?
This sort of afternoon reminds me
Of all the goodness You have done

Happiness isn't dependent on French cafes
Or on tiny cute lattes
Or on pretty dresses
Or on curly blond hair
Or on gorgeous fall weather

Happiness is a gift from You
Thank You for being so good to give it 

I can finally breathe
Not just because the air is crisp
But because You are Healer

Please be with all who are in the valley right now
Please be with all who don't remember the breath of life
Please be with all who have forgotten sunshine and warm skin
Please be with all who cannot see past their pride
Please be with all who hate You or hate themselves
Please be with all who don't see they are loved

And God...can I just say again, I love You?
This sort of afternoon reminds me
I was foolish once to believe I was alone



*This song is in my mind all of my walk and all of my praying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment